Monday, August 3, 2009

Sprechen Sie Deutsch?


Heather, Andrew and I spent the first half of the day at the Black Forest Academy (school seen in picture) in a German language and culture class. I thought I might pick up some German while I was here. Now, I doubt it. I was completely intimidated by the morning session. I am hoping the next 4 days will help a great deal.

Our family spent the afternoon and evening with the Kraines, Lori Henry, Becky Brooks and Brian Chausse, as well as 30 German teens at English Camp. We had a chance to join them in their activity time, which was American Football. We had a lot of fun interacting with these kids. It was wonderful to see teens so interested in learning the English language and about God. If you didn't hear them talking with one another, you wouldn't even know they were German.

No comments:

Post a Comment